Friday, January 28, 2011

Menu Plan 1-30-11 to 2-5-11

Here is what I came up with.  My grocery list is still long [for me] but that is bound to happen since I did not order my produce through the delivery service this week.

  • Broccoli Macaroni & Cheese
  • Mexican Soup (leftovers)
  • Veggie Burgers, Steamed Spinach & Red Dill Potatoes (we had this the other day and are craving it again)
  • Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and Salad (I think this is notorious for being a cheap meal!)
  • Potato Soup & Broccoli (again, leftovers)
  • BBQ Chicken Packets & French Bread
  • Dinner with my Parents

I am going to make a guess and see how close to it I get... based off of my list I think I will spend $65.00.  I know.  Not "that" cheap.  Ugh…. well, as always the majority is in produce.  I am going to be buying off of the EWG's Dirty Dozen list.  So if it's on that list it will be organic!   I think that, that is going to help… otherwise our milk & cheese will remain organic- I do not need to buy any meat this week.

I will let you all know how it goes in my Week 4 video of "Living Organic on a Budget"  Hopefully it's less than what I am thinking it will be!  (=

Oh and did you want to see any of the above?

7 comments:

  1. I would love to see how you make your veggie burgers, steamed spinach and red dill potatoes! I completely suck at steaming spinach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I would love to see the veggie burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a recipe for home-made veggie burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. broccoli mac and cheese?! i gotta see that!

    ReplyDelete