Monday, January 24, 2011

Meal "Planning"

Last night I needed to roast my chicken.  I didn't feel like it.  Yes, I wanted to roast the chicken, but I didn't want the 'Roasted Chicken & Veggies' dinner I had planned on.  So I mixed it up- I roasted the chicken like you would a turkey (I made a video- it'll probably be up tomorrow), whipped up some gravy (also did a video), baked some potatoes, warmed up some dinner rolls and steamed some artichokes- it was PERFECT!  A great spin… I still used my ingredients but changed them up. 

So the point of this little story is that even though it's a "Meal Plan" you are not bound to the plan- you can change it up, you can tailor it, and have fun with it!


The videos from this mini-feast that you will see are:
  1. A different way to roast a chicken (without veggies)
  2. How to make homemade gravy
  3. Now What?  (how to store & use all of the extra chicken for future meals)

My Week 3 weekly video is currently saving (it's been saving for 2.5 hours… it's about half way done)  So you may see it Thursday!  lol (-;

4 comments:

  1. I have a question about that Mac n Cheese recipe. When you say 16oz of Cheddar Cheese are you talking about a 16oz block of Cheddar (weight) or 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (volume). I would love to try the recipe but want to make sure I get it right. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas! I'm really looking foward to your homemade gravy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I love this idea! You have totally motivated me to start saving some $$! I purchased two whole *LoCaL* chickens today. ONLY 16.50 for BOTH!!! heck yes! Keep the yummy recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to see how you cook artichokes... we have never tired them before!

    ReplyDelete