Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Freezer Cooking"

This is something that I thought a ton about a while back yet I never got serious.  Then a few weeks ago my girlfriend and I each made a few meals, swapped and we have been enjoying them since.

Can I just say why in the world were we not doing this sooner?!?!?!  I am almost mad at myself for it!

We each finished our last little cooking day with 4 meals to enjoy for about a month's time.  Well, they're gone.  I feel spoiled, lazy and madly in love with homemade meals ready to go in my freezer!

We plan to meet again and have a bigger cooking day on 5/22.  In the meantime I am going to start working on doubling some meals [and freezing half (or more)- I have done this in the past and it is so easy]!

                These are my White Chicken Chili Enchiladas… it will be interesting to see how they freeze!

If you haven’t done this- DO IT! 
And if you do, do you have any tips, ideas for yummy meals, etc? 

Were still new at it but what could beat hanging out with a really good friend, letting your children play & keeping your hands busy cooking for the month ahead?  I am telling you… this is a MUST DO!  (oh and the new recipes we are sharing are awesome!)

I am anxiously waiting for our next day and this time we will each go home with 8 meals (-;


5 comments:

  1. i did a double recipe of your white chicken chili enchiladas before my daughter was born so that i would have a pan on hand when she arrived. they froze well and were delicious both times! i used whole wheat tortillas, since we try to stick with whole grains, but still very yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make extra spaghetti sauce and freeze it. Also I have some individual portion size ceramic bakeware (which are freezable) and make shepherds pie and lasagne/moussaka. Particulary handy with a husband who works shifts!

    I have never done a cooking day with a friend - sounds fun and a great way to try different recipes you wouldn't usually cook :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for giving freezer cooking a try! :-) I love it, and sadly have fallen off track! Hoping to get a day or 2 in this week though! I definitely am jealous of you having friends locally who wanted to do the freezer meal swap! I have been wanting to do that for quite some time now but don't know anyone around who would want to! :-( Boooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the recipe for your White Chicken Chili Enchiladas anywhere on your blog or your videos? They look super yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your video for the enchiladas, and I am putting them on next week's menu!

    ReplyDelete